Here in Jacksonville, FL, air conditioning repair is almost as important as auto repair. You need your AC unit to function during the heat of the summer, and summers don’t get any hotter than they do in Florida. The minute you spot signs of a malfunction, you should turn off the unit and call a qualified repair technician. Noises are a good sign that something is wrong, and generally speaking, any noise that you don’t recognize as part of the normal operation of your system should be a cause for concern. But more specifically, you can determine a bit about the nature of the problem just by listening to the odd sound. What’s the noise? Here’s a list of some sounds that could indicate it’s time for AC repair.
- Rattling or clanking – These kinds of sounds likely indicate a problem with the blower motor or compressor motor, which are among the most important components in the system.
- Buzzing – A humming or buzzing noise typically comes from electronic components in distress: from bad connections, frayed wiring or the like. Occasionally, a humming sound can come from vibrating ductwork near the spot of a breach or tear in the ducts.
- Grinding noises – Grinding noises usually arise when two components are rubbing against each other and creating a lot of friction. This usually involves a fan with bent blades or a misaligned position. Sometimes, it can come from twigs and other debris caught in the system.
- Clicking – A clicking sound usually comes from the relays when the system starts up. It’s not normally a problem, but if the clicking sound persists, you may have a problem with your thermostat.
- Hissing – Hissing noises usually indicate a breach in the line, most likely a refrigerant leak.
What you know what the noise is and hear sounds that could indicate it’s time for AC repair, call the experts at J & W Heating & Air for help. We’re based in Jacksonville, FL and air conditioning repair is one of the central focuses of our business. We know how important it is to correct a problem quickly and efficiently in a city as hot as ours. Give us a call today to set up an appointment!
For professional air conditioning service in Jacksonville, FL, look no further than J & W Heating & Air for quality AC installation, repair, maintenance, and replacement.