With energy and efficiency regulations evolving, you may consider purchasing a new AC unit for your home. When evaluating options for a purchase of this magnitude, you may wonder if the AC brand name matters when buying a home air conditioner.
The short answer is YES! The brand does matter when you purchase a new HVAC system for your home. However, as long as you purchase a top-tier brand, the differences between those brands are small. Our preferred brand at J&W Heating and Air is York, but we also install Carrier, Daikin, and Trane, to name a few. Each brand produces energy-efficient, top-rated, high-quality HVAC systems that we proudly offer our customers.
In fact, we believe the biggest decision when purchasing a new HVAC system is the installation company you select. Top HVAC manufacturers like Carrier and York are very selective about which local companies they allow to install their products. This is because they want to ensure your system works properly and lasts to maintain its brand reputation. J&W Heating and Air is a premier solution and installation provider for reputable brands such as York and Carrier. We offer air conditioning installation and maintenance in Jacksonville and surrounding areas.
To book a complimentary estimate or receive additional information on finance options, call (904) 595-9644 or click here to schedule via automated scheduling tools at your convenience.
Home AC Brand Name: A Long-term Investment
Replacing your HVAC system is a big financial investment. While a top-rated brand may cost more than the generic companies, you get what you pay for. Companies like Carrier and York have been around for years and have a proven track record. We trust these brands because we know they last.
An HVAC system should last around 20 years when properly maintained. You don’t want to skimp on the unit or the installation. Choose a quality HVAC unit and hire a trusted company to ensure your system meets your expectations.
Why J&W Heating and Air: Lifetime Support
Because HVAC systems last for several decades, you want to buy from a company that will be around to support the unit over the product’s lifetime. These proven brands work with local installation and maintenance companies to provide the parts needed for repairs. In addition, these companies are large enough to have quality customer service support when needed.
Most top-tiered HVAC companies also offer product warranties and extended warranties. You want to buy from a brand you believe will be around to honor the warranty. Here at J&W Heating and Air, we trust the brands we provide to our customers.
The J&W Heating and Air Difference: Each Home Is Unique
We’ve offered quality air conditioning support to the Jacksonville, Florida, area for over 55 years. Our professional technicians have seen it all! Our technicians and installers have the experience to know that each home is unique and requires a little different effort to install and maintain the HVAC system.
They will recommend the brand and unit that will work best for your home and budget. Professional technicians only want you to have the best product and experience with your new HVAC system based on your home’s unique needs.
Tech Tips: What to Look for in an AC brand name unit
Now that you know your best option is a top-quality brand, consider your specific needs to determine which brand to purchase.
- Energy Efficiency – EnergyStar rating is important when purchasing an AC unit. Your HVAC system makes up around half of your monthly energy costs. Choose an AC brand name unit that will reduce your monthly expenses.
- Noise Level – Research the noise level of each brand. While this may be an easy item to overlook when shopping for a new air conditioning unit, it’ll matter once it’s installed. Read reviews and ask your HVAC professional about the noise levels.
- Programmable Thermostat – Top brands will offer programmable thermostats. These are key to energy savings and maintaining a consistent temperature in your home. Smart thermostats can be monitored from your smartphone.
- HVAC Professional Recommendation – Ask your local HVAC professional which brand they recommend and listen to their advice. Stay away from brands that don’t have a proven service record. It’ll save you money in the long run.
How to Make It Last
Even the best quality brands are only as good as their installation and maintenance. You want your HVAC unit to last as long as possible. You can do your part to ensure your unit meets its standards.
- Hire a Quality Installer – Top HVAC brands only works with proven installation companies. Choose a quality HVAC company to install your new AC unit.
- Keep it Clean – A clean system works more efficiently and lasts longer. If your unit is kept clean, it doesn’t have to work as hard to cool your home. Change your air filter at least every three months for the best results.
- Seal and Insulate Ducts – Work with a company that understands the importance of properly sealing and insulating the duct system. This will prevent air leaks and reduce energy costs.
- Seasonal Maintenance – Schedule seasonal maintenance for your HVAC system. The seasonal maintenance includes inspecting your system to identify any needed repairs, inspecting duct seals, and changing the air filter.
Choose a Quality HVAC Installation Company
As we said, we believe the HVAC installation company you choose matters. Work with a company that has a proven track record. Another big indicator is the brands offered by the installation company. Top brands only work with trusted HVAC installation companies with the experience and resources for proper installation and follow-up maintenance.
Always read online reviews and ask for references. Also, confirm the company’s license and certifications. At J&W Heating and Air, we are confident in our references and reviews. We believe in offering top-quality customer service.
Contact J&W Heating and Air experts for advice on purchasing a new air conditioning unit in Jacksonville and surrounding Florida communities.