Furnace Replacement & Installation
If you’ve spent much time researching your options to replace your furnace, you may be overwhelmed with the sheer number of options and features. Of course, it’s great to have so many choices, but where to begin?
When it’s all boiled down, you’ll essentially just want to consider a couple of things. First is the cost—both upfront and monthly—and second, your overall heating needs. In cold climates like Florida, you’ll be best served by spending extra for a higher-efficiency, better-performing unit. The amount of time you’ll be using it during our harsh winters means that increased efficiency (and lower monthly bills) will outweigh the value of cutting upfront costs.
Also, the lower efficiency units don’t distribute heat as well as the high-efficiency units, so they make for a less comfortable home. One measure you’ll see a lot when researching furnace replacement is AFUE, which stands for annual fuel utilization efficiency. AFUE is calculated by taking the amount of energy output by a furnace and dividing that number by the amount of energy that was needed to produce the energy output. So, a furnace with 90% AFUE outputs 90 BTUs with an input of 100 BTUs. The missing 10 BTUs is wasted energy.
Is it Time for Furnace Replacement?
Sometimes it’s obvious, like when the cost of furnace repair is almost half of what replacing the furnace would cost. Other times, it’s not so obvious. Even if the cost of repairing your furnace is fairly low, you might want to consider a replacement. Especially if it’s an older unit because chances are it’s going to have more issues in the future, and those repairs start to add up.
Factor in the increased monthly cost of running an old, lower-efficiency unit, and it may become clear that it’s time to consider a furnace replacement. And besides making financial sense, you’d be amazed at the increase in comfort level you’ll experience with the superior heating capabilities of newer units.
Here are some examples of signs it’s time to replace your furnace:
- The unit is more than 15 years old. Furnaces, like most things in life, will eventually need to be replaced. Pay attention to the sheer age of your furnace. As it creeps over a decade old, you’ll want to consider replacing it instead of putting more money into it.
- Your energy bills are skyrocketing. An inefficient furnace will likely result in energy bills that are significantly higher than what you’re used to. The last thing you likely feel like doing is spending money, but investing in a new furnace can help save a significant amount in the long run.
- There’s a lot of dust in your home: Dust is a normal part of being a home owner, but if you notice a drastic increase of dust around your home, something is probably wrong with your furnace.
- Your furnace isn’t cycling properly: It’s always a good idea to test your furnace before the cold weather hits. If it cycles on and off regularly or if it is constantly running when it doesn’t need to be, consider calling our team at J&W Heating and Air for furnace replacement in greater Jacksonville.
Let the Professionals at J&W Heating and Air Save You Money with Expert Furnace Replacement!
What We Offer at J&W Heating and Air:
- On Call 24 Hour Emergency Service Available: 904-647-3292
- We are Fully Licensed and Insured # CAC1815399
- 1 Year Money Back Guarantee (Restrictions Apply)
- We have an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau
Schedule Your Free Estimate Here
Don’t take the chance of your air conditioning system ever failing you. Schedule your free estimate for a unit replacement with J&W Heating and Air, and you’ll get an honest evaluation. Call us today at (904) 647-3292!