How To Find The Best Air Duct Cleaning Services Near Me in Jacksonville
We spend most of our time indoors, especially during hot Jacksonville summers. We often take for granted that the air is safe to breathe. Often forgotten, air ducts play an essential role in moving heated or cooled air throughout your home. Did you know, (according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association) that a typical six-room house collects 40 pounds of dirt, dust, and allergens in its air ducts each year? Air duct maintenance and cleaning can be a useful way to improve the air quality in your home. Duct cleaning generally involves the cleaning of numerous heating and cooling system components of forced air systems, including the supply and return air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, condensate drain pans (drip pans), fan motor, and fan housing, as well as the air handling unit housing. If these components are not properly installed, maintained, and operated, they may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris. When moisture is present, the potential for microbiological growth, such as mold is more likely and spores from such growth can be released into the home's living space. Some of these contaminants are known to cause allergic reactions or other symptoms in some people.
Signs You Need Air Duct Cleaning Services in Jacksonville, FL
- Excessive dusting or sweeping
- Black lines or debris around the register
- Higher than normal utility bills
- Increased allergy signs
- Microbial growth due to moisture issues
- Musty odors
- Recent home remodeling or construction
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning Services in Jacksonville, FL
Why Call J&W Heating and Air for your Jacksonville Air Duct Cleaning Service
Our air duct cleaning process is more in-depth than most; we only use equipment designed exclusively for duct cleaning. We use a high-capacity power vacuum with a three-stage HEPA filtration, which connects directly to your air handler. Unlike a rotor brush that may damage your air duct, we employ a power rod system that uses compressed air in a whipping motion to gently knock down dirt and debris. We typically spend more time setting up our equipment than most low-cost providers spend at your house altogether. Jacksonville Air Duct Cleaning will help you save money on utility bills while guaranteeing your home’s HVAC system airflow is operating at full efficiency, with the added advantage of improved air quality. Obstructions such as dust, dirt, cobwebs, and pest droppings reduce an HVAC system's airflow. In addition, air ducts often contain harmful airborne particles, contaminants, and micro-organisms such as pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, and mold spores. Anyone suffering from respiratory problems may be particularly sensitive to such contaminants and airborne particles. A periodic air duct cleaning promotes a fresher home or office environment and healthier living. At J&W Heating and Air, in Jacksonville, FL we’ve been assisting residents of Northeast Florida with all their air and heating maintenance, repairs, and installation, since 1966. We focus on quality work, superior customer service, and the best products on the market to serve Jacksonville and the surrounding areas. Our mission is to provide expert service and top-of-the-line equipment all accomplished by our experienced team of heating and air technicians and support personnel.
Does Air Duct Cleaning Make a Mess?
Air duct cleaning won't mess up your home. If you hire a professional company, such as J&W Heating & Air, to clean your air ducts, your home will be clean and tidy when the job is done.
The Duct Cleaning Process
- We use drop cloths to protect carpet/flooring/belongings inside your home.
- Every register in your house is taped up except for the one we are currently working on.
- We connect a portable power vacuum to your air handler inside your home. Equipped with a high capacity, three-stage HEPA-filtration system.
- A duct cleaning-specific air compressor blows pressurized air equipped with a power rod system that uses a whipping action to gently knock down dirt and debris from the air duct system. The power rod head covers the entire length of the air duct.
- The portable power vacuum with a three-stage HEPA-filtration system connected to your air handler sucks all the contaminants from your air duct.
- Each register is removed, washed, and put back in place.
- This process repeats for each register/vent inside your house.
- We disconnect the portable power vacuum from your air handler and remove the drop cloths.
- A typical house will require 3-4 hours to complete a duct cleaning.
Is The Indoor Air Quality in Your Home An Issue?
The questions listed below will help you determine whether you have issues with poor air quality in your home.
- Do you have an air circulating system that utilizes a standard fiberglass filter?
- Do you have pets?
- Does anyone in your house suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Do you regularly clean excessive dust accumulations from your household furniture?
- Do you experience headaches, nausea, and burning sensations in the nose, throat, or eyes when inside the home?
- When you last changed your furnace filter, did you see dust and dirt inside the filter housing?
If you answered yes to the questions above, it's time to schedule an air duct cleaning!
Schedule Your Duct Cleaning Here
Don’t put off your air duct cleaning any longer! Let the professionals at J&W help you Schedule Your Duct Cleaning with J&W Heating & Air in Jacksonville, Florida. Call us today at (904) 647-3292 to schedule your duct cleaning appointment. We look forward to working with you!